It's been a very up and down day.
- Got about 5 hours of sleep.
- Went to work.
- Realized I didn't have my keys, so couldn't get the student papers I wanted to pass back out of my desk.
- Drove home to get my keys.
- Found no keys, but lots of dog vomit. Kiska was really sick. I didn't have time to do anything about it though, because Julie was expecting me to be "onstage" in an hour so she could watch me teach.
- I taught, and it went well. I felt adequately prepared and my activities seemed to be a hit. I even managed to gracefully weave developmental and I/O topics together.
- I came home, and Ryan had cleaned up the dog mess (I owe him a BIG favor).
- I swept and washed all the floors, which coated me in a fine layer of dust.
- I got an email asking me to turn in hire paperwork, despite not being hired or something.
- Pouring Pedialyte into an unwilling dog (70 lbs) is hard.
- I completed and faxed my paperwork, ate something for dinner, and mucked out my desk.
- I still couldn't find my keys.
- They finally turned up in my car.
- My desk is clean (dust-fee) but still piled high with paperwork.
- I got to talk to Heather.
- I am too tired to do anything, except the meme below (I filled it out first). I think its bedtime, despite being only 10 pm . . ..
40 Questions Meme...
1) Who is the last person you high-fived? I'm not sure. I do a double thumbs up thing fairly often (mostly when I want to congratulate from far away, need an excuse to wink at someone, or want the enthusiastic one to Not Touch Me), but the last person I high-fived was probably a baby-sittee.
2) If you were drafted into a war, would you survive? Depends on where they put me.
3) Do you sleep with the TV on? No. I don't do anything with the TV on, since I am living a TV free life.
4) Have you ever drunk milk straight out of the carton? No.
5) Have you ever won a spelling bee -- Just classroom bees.
6) Have you ever been stung by a bee -- Yes, but not lately.
7) How fast can you type -- Fast. I haven't had to take a typing test since high school and I am much quicker now.
8) Are you afraid of the dark? -- Depends on the dark in question.
9) Eye color -- Brown.
10) Have you ever made out at a drive-in? -- Nope. I have only ever been to a drive in once - last summer. Cool experience.
11) When is the last time you chose a bath over a shower? -- When I was at my parent's house - I take lots of baths there and none here. If you saw my current bathroom you would understand.
12) Do you knock on wood? -- Yes.
13) Do you floss daily? -- Near-daily, in the shower.
15) Can you hula hoop? -- I don't know, but am choosing to believe that if I can belly-dance I can hula-hoop.
16) Are you good at keeping secrets? -- Yes.
17) What do you want for Christmas? -- A prescriptionl lens dive mask and a memory card for my camera.
19) Do you talk in your sleep? -- Rumor has it that I talk and sometimes hum in my sleep.
21) Have you ever flown a kite? -- Yup. Not quite like the Banks children, but still fun.
22) Do you wish on your fallen lashes? -- No.
23) Do you consider yourself successful? --Not yet.
24) How many people are on the contact list of your cell? -- Lots.
25) Have you ever asked for a pony? -- No. I wanted a horse, dammit, not a pony.
26) Plans for tomorrow? -- Women's Dissertation Writing Group. Volunteer with Kiska at the hospital. Work a few hours on the meta-analysis. Dance class.
27) Can you juggle? -- Yes.
28) Missing someone now? -- Yes, but I don't know who...
29) When was the last time you told someone I Love You? -- A few hours. I say that every single time I hang up the phone with my parents, sister, or grandmother, and sometimes with H.
30) And truly meant it? -- Of course.
31) How often do you drink -- Occasionally. I only drink with people I trust when I don't have to drive, and those stars don't align often.
32) How are you feeling today? -- tired.
34) Have you ever been suspended or expelled from school? -- no
35) What are you looking forward to? -- leaving home to go home
36) Have you ever crawled through a window? -- Lots of them. Latest one was probably breaking into my own house.
37) Have you ever eaten dog food? -- No.
38) Can you handle the truth? -- Usually.
39) Do you like green eggs and ham? --I do not like them, Sam I am.
40) Any cool scars? -- My knees sport the usual wreckage. My left wrist looks like I tried to slash it years ago, but it was actually a package-opening incident gone terribly wrong. Two Christmases ago I fell into barbed wire (a muddy bank gave way under me) and that left a six inch tear down the inside of my left forearm a few paralell stripes on my right shoulder. This Christmas I continued the December 25 disaster tradition by falling down a rocky breakwater, so there is a lovely new scar on my left shin from that.